Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

Where I've been + Sharpie nail art!

It's been a little over 2 years since my last blog post and I'm so glad to be back to what I love. I know I don't need to explain where I've been but I wanted to at least give the short version of why I've been away in hopes that maybe I can get some of my few readers back as well as maybe gain some new ones. If you can stick around long enough through this post, I have some pretty cool nail art later on.

So, lets go back a couple years. I was with what I thought was an amazing man. The longer we were together, the worse things got. He was very controlling, verbally abusive and not in the least bit supportive. Ultimately, things ended with me being lied to, cheated on and things started getting physical. So for about the 5th time in 6 and a half years, I decided I was done. I finally walked away, and stayed away. I had so much support from my mom and my two best friends. Without the 3 of them, it wouldn't have been possible and I would probably still be in the same routine of that relationship.  

October of 2015, when things were at the worst, one of my two best friends introduced me to someone she used to work with. Talking to him helped me through so much and gave me the last little push I needed. We started dating soon after and I fell madly in love. He is what I always imagined love to be. We are now going on 2 and a half amazing years. 

Jump forward a bit more. Late November of 2016 we found out we were pregnant. We were both very excited. I have twin girls that are now 12 years old and have always wanted at least one more child. This would have been his first. Things didn't turn out as planned. At 7 weeks, our baby stopped growing and its heart stopped. It was devastating. It took me a very long time to be okay, and I'm still not 100 percent but I am managing so much better and we are trying again.

Here we are now and I'm so excited to see where I can take this page. I'm at a pretty great point in my life and feel so much more on track with where I want things to go. So hopefully you will join me once again on my journey into the nail world!

Now onto the nail art!!!

I've done sharpie nail art before and its so easy and fun to do I figured I would try it again. I want to do this in so many different colors!


I Used 5 different colored Sharpie markers in this mani and I love how it turned out.


I may end up stamping over this before taking it off.


I topped it off with Fast and Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat from Vibrant Vinyls.

I have lots more nail art planned and a very interesting way of choosing what nail art I'll be doing as well as choosing colors. I've added every polish I own into an Excel sheet and I will be using a random number generator to determine my colors. I've also done the same with a ton of nail art ideas that I want to either try for the first time or try again. Until next time, Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ashley! Love your rainbow-y sharpie look!

    I found your blog while digging through someone's old nail art link list and I can tell you most of them are dead. Everyone's moved to Instagram, even if they keep up ye old blog. If you're looking to make new nail art friends or even find some of the old, I'd definitely get an account. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete